Sunday, September 5, 2010

PRIVILEGE

I recently commented on a discussion I thought worthy of writing about it on my blog. The discussion was about funding for entrepreneurs. A lot of people weighed in. Entrepreneurs are having a difficult time finding funding for their new ventures. Investors are having a hard time deciding what, if at all, they want to invest in. Everyone is having a tough time. Naturally, I weighed in too, since I can relate directly, having recently launched my software company which is currently in beta.

But this climate is different. No one wants to make a move. Everyone is afraid. Investors and lending companies load up a set of requirements which they know entrepreneurs can’t meet, only to push them away, instead of draw them closer.

Those in the business of lending money or investing have been given a PRIVILEGE to do just that – help others. If they are too afraid to do that – maybe that PRIVILEGE should be taken away from them. If they’re not utilizing their PRIVILEGE – give it to someone else who will put it to good use.

No comments:

Post a Comment